USA ESTA MOBILE APP
The United States has launched a mobile app to apply for an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) which makes the process of applying for the electronic visa easier.
Until recently, the ESTA application was available online only through the US Customs and Border Protection website and was not available for completion on smartphones, mobile devices, or tablets. The new ESTA mobile app provides eligible travelers with more options to complete and track the status of their applications, scan and upload documents directly from handheld devices, and receive updates.
The app provides the following functionality:
- launch an ESTA application
- scan a passport image
- have the passport read and confirmed
- upload a live video selfie to confirm identity
- add personal and travel details to applications
- answer eligibility questions
- review and submit applications
- make changes or updates to applications or profiles
- receive notifications and application status updates
- save time by storing preferences and profile details within the app.