Industry News 02.05.23
US to end vaccine rule for international visitors
The US is to scrap its longstanding Covid-19 vaccine requirement for inbound international travellers from 12 May, according to the White House. The Biden administration made the long-awaited announcement on Monday (1 May), which will bring an end to the policy requiring international visitors to the US to be fully vaccinated against the virus.
Read full story here
Latest UK rail strikes set for May and June
Train drivers’ union ASLEF has announced more strike dates for the coming weeks, after what it called “a ‘risible’ pay offer from the 16 train companies with whom we are in dispute”. Members are set to walk out on walk out on Friday May 12, Wednesday May 31 and Saturday June 3.
16 train operating companies (TOCs) which will be affected by the walk out – click here for more information.
Travel news as a glance:
- Heathrow to mark Coronation with commemorative luggage tag
- Lufthansa adds India routes from Munich (Bangalore) and Frankfurt (Hyderabad)
- British Airways resumes daily flights to Shanghai Pudong
- More Elizabeth line trains to Heathrow from 21 May 2023
- Qatar Airways opens The Garden lounge at Hamad International
- British Airways extends codeshare agreement with Loganair
- Gatwick airport unveils new brand identity
- BA Euroflyer launches new onboard menus and buy-on-board options